Wins Investment Management USA LLC (“WINS”) is the fund management arm of Gemdale USA, and an affiliate of WINS China. WINS benefits from the synergies of the development and asset management expertise of its corporate parents, Gemdale Corporation with $69 billion in assets.
WINS manages both separate account and commingled fund vehicles for third party clients. With co-investment from the parent company in each program, investors benefit from a strong alignment of interest with Gemdale Corporation.
The WINS management team, with over 100 years of collective knowledge from investment careers spanning three continents, comprises a variety of expertise from acquisition, investment management, financial structuring and fund-raising.
The West Coast Value Added Fund seeks to acquire, redevelop, renovate, own, operate and ultimately sell multifamily apartment and office properties primarily located in Southern California, Northern California, Seattle, and Portland areas.
- Vertically Integrated – Team includes real estate professionals across various disciplines, including construction, leasing, development, asset management, property management, accounting, and legal
- Resources include Gemdale USA Corporation’s Development Team
- Discretionary Capital
- Mispriced Assets
- Value-Add Repositioning
Investment Criteria (Fund I):
- Asset Type: Commercial Office and Multifamily
- Geography: West Coast USA
- Transaction Size: $20MM to $100MM
- Leverage: 60 – 65% LTC
- Target Returns: Mid-teens Levered IRR
- Hold Period: 2 to 5 years
WINS USA manages separate account vehicles and designs carefully customized investment strategies to meet the individual financial returns and geographic goals of our clients. Representative programs include:
- $370M+ joint venture with a leading global private equity firm on the acquisition of a national senior living portfolio
- $35M investment in a West Coast development portfolio comprising of multifamily and office assets
Asset Management Capabilities
Delivering enhanced financial returns by leveraging in-house expertise in the following areas at each of Gemdale USA’s five (5) U.S. office locations:
- Design – across the firm Gemdale USA employs over 7 architects on-staff and partners with leading architectural firms delivering market-leading concepts for placemaking and amenities in each geographic region.
- Construction – with over 60 years of combined experience, our construction supervision team ensures on-target pre-construction cost estimates and that construction projects are executed on-time, with minimal change-orders, and with exceptional quality.
- Asset Management – our professionals have overseen value-add renovations and asset improvement plans for over $40M across multiple real estate asset types. Additionally, established relationships with top tier global property management and leasing firms help to maximize each asset’s performance.
- Capital Markets – our capital markets team, with prior experience at leading regional mortgage banking firms, delivers right-sized asset level financing aligned with each project’s business plan and investment thesis.